- Soda bread , buttered, cut into squares
- Small bowl of cooked prawns
- Hard boiled egg, cut into slices
- 300ml Newgrange Gold Rapeseed Oil
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill, chopped
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl, then add the vinegar and salt, whisking to combine.
- Gradually add about half the oil, very slowly at first, whisking continuously for around 3 to 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Continue to gradually add the remaining oil, whisking continuously. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
- Fold in the dill. If it is too stiff add a few drops of water.
- Store in a sterilised jar in the fridge for up to one week.
To Assemble the mini Sandwiches :
- Fold smoked salmon squares on top of the buttered bread and place a disc of egg on top. Add a few prawns and top with mayonnaise. Put a skewer through the middle to secure the sandwich.
Goes very well with a glass of festive fizz !