Easy Camelina Baba Ganoush
Serves 4-8; Preparation time 5 minutes, plus roasting time for aubergines (30-35 minutes)
- 3 large aubergines, about 750g – 1Kg in total
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely grated
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbsp camelina oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pierce the skins of the aubergine to prevent them from exploding, leaving them whole and either grill them under a hot grill until skin is crispy and charred or bake in hot oven (220C / 425F/ gas 7) until well roast and soft (30 – 50 mins).
- When cool enough to handle cut aubergines in half and scrape out the flesh with a spoon. Do this over a bowl to catch any juices.
- In the bowl mash the roast aubergine flesh and juices with a fork until almost smooth. You can also use a handblender, but do not over blend.
- Add all other ingredients and taste for seasoning. If taste is too strong add a few tbsp water.
Serve with grilled pitta bread strips, oatcakes or crudites.