Butter Bean dip with Camelina
This healthy dip is a really great addition with raw carrots, celery and has lots and lots of good stuff in it. Including the omega 3 from our camelina oil :)
• 1 clove garlic, grated or crushed
• 3 tbsp. camelina oil
• 2 cups / 1 can butter beans
• 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, finely chopped
• 1 – 2 tsp. fresh thyme
• ½ tsp good salt, or to taste
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 3 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
• Heat a pan and gently cook the garlic in the Camelina Oil for 2 minutes. Then add in the beans, rosemary and thyme and gently cook for 4 – 5 minutes.
• Tip into a blender with the salt, lemon juice and parsley and blend until desired consistency reached.
• Or mash bean mix with a potato masher, add in remaining ingredients and combine well
• Serve as a dip or spread, or as part of a salad plate