- 4 pieces of smoked bacon
- 2 tbsps of caster sugar
- 2 nobs of butter
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 small onion peeled
- half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- flat leaf parsley to garnish
- 4tbsps of Newgrange Gold Camelina Oil
- salt and pepper
- For this recipe you will need two frying pans. Firstly peel and grate both your potatoes and onions into a bowl. Now through a tea towel squeeze all the liquid out of the grated veg. Mix through the cayenne pepper and salt and pepper into the potato and onion mix.
- Heat a non stick pan with the camelina oil and place the hash brown mix on. Flatten it with a spoon and allow to cook out on a medium heat for two minutes. Flip it over on a plate then slide it back into the pan. Place it on a low heat and cover with a lid and allow it to cook out for 3-4 minutes.
- In the mean time place the caster sugar onto a pan on a medium heat. Once it starts to dissolve place your 4 slices of smoked bacon on. Allow the sugar to caramelize and then place your knobs of butter in. If the caramel gets too dark don’t be afraid to add more butter.
- Once the bacon is crispy caramelized and the hash brown is cooked serve and enjoy with a nice cup of coffee!