- 100g white breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 8 free-range chicken drumsticks and/or thighs
- 4 tbsp plain seasoned flour
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
- In a flat dish, mix together the breadcrumbs, herbs, spices and seasoning.
- Coat the chicken portions in the seasoned flour, then dip in the beaten egg, coat thoroughly with the breadcrumb mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with the oil and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, turning once, until the crumb is crisp and the chicken cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with buttered corn cobs and coleslaw.
Recipe by Silvana Franco. Photo by Emil Bendixen