8oz Self-Raising Flour
6oz Dark Brown Sugar
6 floz Newgrange Gold Camelina Oil
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg or Allspice
1 tsp Baking Powder
4 Medium Carrots Grated
1 Small Packet Walnuts Crushed or Mixed Chopped Nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 Â°C.
- Line medium depth baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs & Newgrange Gold Camelina oil.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, cinnamon & spice. Mix together with wooden spoon.
- Add grated carrots & 1/2 packet nuts (if using). (Save rest of nuts for decorating).
- Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for 25-30 mins. Test with skewer in centre to ensure it has baked through (should come out clean).
This cake can either be dusted with icing sugar (as shown) or mix 1 tub of cream cheese with 1/2 box sieved icing sugar and spread over top of cake. Top with nuts (optional).